Accelerator Manager – IoT Tribe North
Location – South Yorkshire
Deadline for applications: 31st October 2017
We are IoT Tribe North, an Innovate UK sponsored accelerator set up to help IoT start-ups build their products, test the market and raise funds for future growth. Supported by Barnsley Council and Capital Enterprise, 10 early-stage IoT start-ups will be immersed into vibrant local and global manufacturing ecosystems and global supply chain and investment networks.
We’re looking to recruit an experienced Acceleration Manager that can take our outstanding programme and start-ups to new heights and help establish IoT Tribe as the go-to accelerator for IoT start-ups, investors and corporates in the context of connected manufacturing and beyond. Heading up the local team and reporting to the director of IoT Tribe, you will be responsible for running the programme. This means that you will have to lead a varied team of colleagues and external experts and ensure they all contribute to the start-ups’ growth.
The role is dynamic- we promise you will never have a dull moment. More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- identifying early-stage IoT start-ups and participating in the selection process
- planning the activities of the acceleration programme in detail, allocating and tracking the use of resources and their impact
- helping find, hire and transmit the values of the programme to other members of the team
- develop key partnership with other members of the ecosystem and potential sponsors
- managing external suppliers and contractors that will deliver key parts of the programme, such as the IP or design to manufacturing services
- managing the network of mentors and ensure they are providing value to the start-ups and feel valued themselves
- organising key high-profile ecosystem events that can showcase IoT Tribe North and our start-ups
- involving key manufacturing ecosystem players in the activities, securing opportunities for the start-ups to pilot their activities where appropriate
- helping to organise two missions, one to other manufacturers/supply chain in a European destination, the other to China or South East Asia
- developing relationships with business angels and other investors that can invest in the start-ups
- helping to secure long-term sustainability of the programme and the next acceleration round.
- You will have experience of leading an accelerator or similar programme working with technology start-ups
- You will have experience of leveraging support, sponsorship and investment from a range of sources including corporates
- You are very likely to be known and actively networking in the tech ecosystem in the North of England and beyond.
- You will have experience of dealing at a senior level with non technology companies supporting innovation and supply chain
- Ability to manage and matrix manage a distributed team of technical and business advisors
- Ability to manage and coordinate external experts, mentors and workshop providers
- Ability to manage complex projects and respond to change
- Great communicator with start-ups, engineers and C-level execs
- And digitally literate (you know what Slack is, and if you don’t, it doesn’t take you long to find out)
- Able to budget and provide reports to different stakeholders on the use of resources
You might have a technical degree but even if you don’t, you will be able to communicate with engineers and business people alike.
- You will also be a firm believer that anyone can make it in tech and, will strive to make sure there are diverse groups participating in the programme, as founders, mentors, investors and supporters.
- You will have a willingness to work out of core business hours
- You will have a willingness and relevant documentation to travel within and outside of the EU
- The position is for a fixed term contract of 6 months with a real possibility of the position being extended or becoming permanent.
- Highly competitive salary with bonus.
To apply please send your full CV and a cover letter telling us why you are the perfect person to lead, as well as salary expectations that you may have.