We are IoT Tribe North, an accelerator set up to help IoT start-ups build their products, test the market and raise funds for future growth.
Supported by Barnsley Council and Capital Enterprise, 10 early-stage IoT start-ups will be immersed into vibrant local and global manufacturing ecosystems and global supply chain and investment networks.
We’re looking to recruit an experienced Software Engineer that can take our outstanding start-ups to new heights and help establish IoT Tribe as the go-to accelerator for IoT start-ups, investors and corporates in the context of connected manufacturing and beyond.
The IoT Tribe North Software Engineer will be responsible for supporting our startups with the development of the software applications driving their connected sensors and hardware products.
- Reviewing application/front end concept and prototyping
- Iterative development and testing
- Delivery of a version aligned with the hardware development stage
In addition to the startup teams, you will work closely with our Hardware Engineer, our Design Engineer, and a number of our corporate partners and vendors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of SW engineering experience, preferably in the context of consumer or enterprise connected product development
- Experience in one or more specific IoT / embedded / M2M sectors (i.e. home automation, industrial automation, health, asset tracking, smart utilities, etc.)
- Web/Cloud based solutions development
- Full-stack IoT platforms
- IoT security technologies and standards
- Compliance and industry standards
You are also a:
- Team worker
- Problem solver, with a passion for innovation and the startup ecosystem
- Great communicator with start-ups, engineers and management
Based at the Digital Media Centre in Barnsley, S Yorks, the position is for a fixed term contract of 3 months (January to March 2018).
Salary: £35-45K pro rata depending on experience plus 10% bonus on achieving objectives at the end of the contract
Deadline for applications, 31st December 2017.
Start Date: 15th January 2018
Send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org