At the Tribe we are always looking for good talent. Check out some of our latest openings below.
Acceleration Programme Co-ordinator
We are IoT Tribe, a global accelerator helping IoT start-ups build their products, test the market and raise funds for future growth.
Each of our programmes supports 10 IoT start-ups. Over a 3 month period they are be immersed into vibrant local and global manufacturing ecosystems and global supply chain and investment networks.
We’re looking to recruit an Acceleration Coordinator that can take our outstanding programme and start-ups to new heights and help establish IoT Tribe as the go-to accelerator for IoT start-ups, investors and corporates in the context of connected manufacturing and beyond.
The hub of IoT Tribe North is at the DMC in Barnsley but there will be quite a bit of travel expected both across the North of the UK. You may also be required to travel abroad.
The role is dynamic- we promise you will never have a dull moment. More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Scouting for IoT start-ups and participating in the selection process.
- Being the first point of contact for start-ups wanting to join us.
- Keeping the start-ups and founders motivated and on-track to achieve their objectives throughout the programme and beyond- we have a great alumni network!
- Developing key partnerships with other members of the ecosystem.
- Helping to source and liaise with external suppliers and contractors that will deliver key parts of the programme, such as the IP or design to manufacturing services.
- Co-ordinating and expanding our network of mentors and ensure they are providing value to the start-ups and feel valued themselves.
- Organising, presenting and ensuring the success of high-profile ecosystem events that can help to strengthen the technology landscape in the North.
- With our Partnerships Manager, helping to engage key manufacturing ecosystem players and securing pilot opportunities for the start-ups.
- Liaising with business angels and other investors that can invest in the start-ups.
Skills and experience required
You will be passionate about working with start-ups. You are active in the tech ecosystem in the North of England and known as someone who gets things done. You may have experience of working with technology start-ups or with corporates in an innovation or business development role.
You are also a:
- A self-starter: you will report to a Director that won’t always be around so it’s important you can organise your own workload, sort out programme and hustle.
- Team worker: you can motivate others and you lead by example.
- A great communicator: you know how to present, write blogs or other articles that people actually read and you have at least some idea of what is visually attractive.
- And digitally literate: you know what Slack is, and if you don’t, it doesn’t take you long to find out; generally, you will find tools that help you do what you want to do.
You might have a technical degree but even if you don’t, you will be able to communicate with engineers, creatives and business people alike.
You will also be a firm believer that women can make it in tech and, whether you are a man or a woman, will strive to make sure that women participate in the programme, as founders, mentors, investors and supporters.
Applicants are required to have the right to reside and work in the UK.
Deadline for applications: 18th January 2019
Please send a covering letter answering the questions below on 1 side of A4 and your CV to:
- What is the best event to scout for start-ups and why?
- What do IoT start-up founders need?
- Why should we hire you?